Whew! I’ve just finished the 100 Blog Challenge!By Sandy
What a relief, I have just finished the 100 blog comment challenge. If you want to know what it was all about I wrote about it in a previous post: Generating Traffic with the 100 Blog Challenge.
It was no mean feat either I can tell you. I started on 8th August and finished last night the 25th, just five days before the deadline. Although I decided at the beginning that I would visit 5 blogs a day sometimes I didn’t. At one stage I thought that I would never finish it in time. It seemed a never ending task.
It remains to be seen if everyone will finish the challenge as some did not enter their posts until much later in the month. I certainly haven’t had 100 comments left on my blog post. Not yet anyway.
The aim of the challenge was to get 100 comments on one blog post. Some of the participants do not seem to have grasped this as I am getting comments left on other posts and not the one I entered into the challenge.
When I made my comments on other blogs I think the bloggers have followed the link to my last post generated by the CommentLuv plug in which was not the post that I entered into the Challenge.
I don’t think it really matters. The idea is to get the comments and backlinks and make the blog look busy. Other people are more likely to leave comments too. Google takes notice of that and it helps to get your blog higher in the search engines.
Will it get me more traffic in the long term? That remains to be seen.
Of course I will continue to generate traffic using link juice as well as other methods.
Well, let me tell you a bit about my journey around 100 blogs.
My blog hopping journey – The Good
- It gave me a chance to read some very interesting and entertaining posts that I would probably not have found otherwise. I will certainly revisit some to spend more time reading other posts.
- I have made contact with 100 great people. I just had to have a look at each blogger’s About Page to get an idea of the person’s background because I am so nosey. Where there was one that is. I wrote a post about that when I first started this blog. I really feel cheated if there isn’t one!
- It was quite an eyeopener to say the least to see what others blog about. The majority were in the internet marketing niche but not all.I know you can blog about anything you want but some of the posts really took me by surprise.They were completely unrelated to Internet Marketing. It’s given me some great ideas for posts if I get stuck.
- I saw some good looking themes and have an idea of what I would like mine to look like now. When I started this blog I just wanted to get it up and running as quickly as possible. It was always my intention to change it.
My blog hopping journey – The Bad
- Some blog posts were very, very long. That meant that I could not give them a quick read and leave my intelligent and useful comment. That is the whole purpose of blog commenting isn’t it?I think some would have been better broken up into several articles.
- Some comments were simply agreeing with what the blogger had said without adding anything useful to the post. Others were really long too.I quickly scanned through the previous comments to make sure I wasn’t going to repeat what what someone else had just said. You want your comment to original if possible
- I found some posts hard to read because they were not broken up into paragraphs. If you want people to read your blog read then you have to make it easy on them. Hope I am making this easy to read.
- One blog that was entered into the challenge did not even have a blog post! I’ve made a mental note to go back and check that one again. He probably entered with good intentions but got sidetracked.
If you have any stories to tell about your visits to other blogs please let me know in the comments.